Sunday, October 31

Mishmash

Edit at 10:38am 31st October
Just a note to say that this was written yesterday morning. Being the 30th, when I actually had my recital. And that's why the time jumps around. That is all. Just bear that in mind as you commence reading. That, and the fact that the questions are from a note which is going around on Facebook.
...
So yeah, I have a recital. However, I shall chill before doing some lovely, steady, solid practice. I feel alright. And I felt like doing this just to see if it makes sense, cause I had a quick squiz of it last night, and none of the songs made any sense. Should be interesting.

1. IF SOMEONE SAYS 'ARE YOU OKAY' YOU SAY?
Only The Ocean by Jack Johnson

Yep, definitely not going to make any sense.

2. HOW WOULD YOU DESCRIBE YOURSELF?
Lady Madonna by The Beatles

Oh dear.

3. WHAT DO YOU LIKE IN A GUY/GIRL?
All We Are by One Republic

4. HOW DO YOU FEEL TODAY?
Gas Panic! by Oasis

I don't want to panic. STOP THE PANICKING. NOT THE TIME FOR PANIC.

5. WHAT IS YOUR LIFE'S PURPOSE?
Leave Me Alone by Michael Jackson

And not just any version, the acoustic version. How emo.

6. WHAT'S YOUR MOTTO?
On and on by Jay Sean

I don't actually know this song. However, it is a nice motto.

7. WHAT DO YOUR FRIENDS THINK OF YOU?
Mustapha by Queen

Don't know this one either. What is a Mustapha?

8. WHAT DO YOUR PARENTS THINK OF YOU?
Lost? by Coldplay

I hope not. Although they are questioning it, so hopefully they're not certain on that.

9. WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT VERY OFTEN?
How by Maroon 5

Sorta makes sense.
Although I do not know the meaning of love, I do not mind if I die trying.
I would kill to get you back but how? 
10. WHAT IS 2 + 2?
Can't Let Her Get Away by Michael Jackson


11. WHAT DO YOU THINK OF YOUR BEST FRIEND?
2-4-6-8 by The Jackson 5

Yes, best friend of mine, whoever you are, I think of even numbers in association with you.

12. WHAT IS YOUR LIFE STORY?
F*** All Night by Jay-Z

I sincerely hope not. Really. That is nowhere near my life story. Why do you bring me down like this Jay?

13. WHAT DO YOU WANT TO BE WHEN YOU GROW UP?
Dream by Michael Buble

Yes, I want to be someone’s dream. That wouldn’t be half bad.

14. WHAT DO YOU THINK WHEN YOU SEE THE PERSON YOU LIKE?
U Got It Bad by Usher

Now that makes sense. Pity I don't like anyone, but this is the aptest thing so far.

15. WHAT WILL YOU DANCE TO AT YOUR WEDDING?
Roses by Kanye West

Hard to dance to rapping.


16. WHAT WILL THEY PLAY AT YOUR FUNERAL?
Holler If Ya' Hear Me by 2Pac

Don't know this one. However, it's probably highly inappropriate for a funeral.

17. WHAT IS YOUR HOBBY/INTEREST?
Heffalumps And Woozles from Winnie The Pooh

Hell yeah.


18. WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST FEAR?
Isn't She Lovely by Stevie Wonder

No, it's actually not my biggest fear.

19. WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST SECRET?
Friday Night by Lily Allen

Now you're all wondering what I do on a Friday night. I usually...go out with my family. Whoa. That's crazy.

20. WHAT DO YOU WANT RIGHT NOW?
Lithium by Nirvana

Isn't that an element?

21. WHAT DO YOU THINK OF YOUR FRIENDS?
Supersonic by Oasis

It's the live version, but it's still there. You guys are supersonic. Amazingly so.

22. WHAT WILL YOU POST THIS AS?
Breathe In, Breathe Out by Kanye West

Well, I won't, cause I'm a little bit rebellious like that. This is an interesting exercise. I may do several more and blog them instead.

30th October
5:44pm

That was done this morning. Before the recital.

Recital went fairly well. Had some hiccups, but largely good, and didn’t feel overly nervous. Best performance I feel that I have ever given, which is something. Hopefully that will be reflected in the study score.

So let’s try this exercise again, and have some more amusing and nonsensical answers

1. IF SOMEONE SAYS 'ARE YOU OKAY' YOU SAY?
Forever by Chris Brown

Again, makes as much sense as torrential rain in spring. However, we do live in Melbourne.


2. HOW WOULD YOU DESCRIBE YOURSELF?
Hell Yeah by S. Carter

S. Carter being Jay’s real name. Sean Carter. Jay-Z is a little bit cooler. And yes, I am pretty hell yeah.


3. WHAT DO YOU LIKE IN A GUY/GIRL?
The Life by Alicia Keys

4. HOW DO YOU FEEL TODAY?
Purple Stain by Red Hot Chili Peppers

Yeah. I is a purple stain.

5. WHAT IS YOUR LIFE'S PURPOSE?
Love Buzz by Nirvana

Nirvana again. That’s a pretty cool purpose.


6. WHAT'S YOUR MOTTO?
Lady Liberty Needs Glasses by Malcolm Jamal Warner

Don’t know this song. Is very random. And doesn’t make much sense as a motto.


7. WHAT DO YOUR FRIENDS THINK OF YOU?
Warlocks by Red Hot Chili Peppers

You guys again? WINGARDIUM LEVIOSA.


8. WHAT DO YOUR PARENTS THINK OF YOU?
Helter Skelter by U2

It’s actually not by U2. It’s the Beatles. Lovely rock ‘n’ roll.
Do you or don’t you want me to love you?
9. WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT VERY OFTEN?
Kiss Kiss by Chris Brown

I don’t. I really don’t.

10. WHAT IS 2 + 2?
A Message by Coldplay

How profound. 2 plus 2 is a message. Ooooh.


11. WHAT DO YOU THINK OF YOUR BEST FRIEND?
Summer Love by Justin Timberlake

And all seasonal love. I wish JT had more songs. Just saying.

12. WHAT IS YOUR LIFE STORY?
Gravity by John Mayer

I like to think not. Sometimes it does feel like it, but I’m glad of what I have. Man, I’m gonna be trying this thing until I get a real life story.
Gravity is working against me. And gravity wants to bring me down.
13. WHAT DO YOU WANT TO BE WHEN YOU GROW UP?
The Bad Thing by Arctic Monkeys

Cause I can totally see that.


14. WHAT DO YOU THINK WHEN YOU SEE THE PERSON YOU LIKE?
Chocolate Factory by R. Kelly

I liked the first one a lot better.

15. WHAT WILL YOU DANCE TO AT YOUR WEDDING?
Angels by Robbie Williams

Oooh. That would be pretty nice.

I sit and wait; does an angel contemplate my fate?
I know that life won't break me when I come to call. She won't forsake me. I'm loving angels instead. When I'm feeling weak and my pain walks down a one-way street, I look above and I know I'll always be blessed with love. 
16. WHAT WILL THEY PLAY AT YOUR FUNERAL?
Watch Me by Jay-Z

Again, probably inappropriate for a funeral.

17. WHAT IS YOUR HOBBY/INTEREST?
I Swear by Boyz II Men

Slightly amusing, seeing as I don’t.

18. WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST FEAR?
Gone by U2

Makes slight sense. More so than Isn’t She Lovely, at least.

19. WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST SECRET?
The Miracle by Queen

You see, I’m actually Superman. I just don’t like people to know cause then everyone would want my autograph even more than they do already, and they would also know about my cross-dressing habit.

20. WHAT DO YOU WANT RIGHT NOW?
I’ll Get You by The Beatles

Optimism. I will get it.

21. WHAT DO YOU THINK OF YOUR FRIENDS?
Where’d You Go by Fort Minor

I know you’re still here. You guys are still supersonic.

22. WHAT WILL YOU POST THIS AS?
Wild Honey Pie by The Beatles

Or not.

The next morning…
Being now.

So we’ve been going on a bit of a Speak Now frenzy, which makes me miss Fearless. Which is different to Speak Now, but generally speaking, I think it’s the better album. It works together as an album more. Although hats off to T-Swizzle for writing the whole of Speak Now by herself.

Hey Stephen makes my heart hurt. Nice finger snapping.

I know looks can be deceiving but I know I saw a light in you.
Thank you to everyone who texted/Facebooked/emailed me before and after my recital. I think it went fairly well, and if it didn’t, I threw everything I had into it, and that’s all I can ask of myself. And if anyone asks any more, well, I can’t do much about it.

Thanks for all the support. Or as Asian drama girl said last night...well I can't type it cause it's in Chinese. And I can't. I shall get Julia to do it.

if youre sad
im happy to be sad with you

and

I wish you were sine squared and I was cosine squared, so together we'd make one

Nerdy.

No comments:

Post a Comment