Wednesday, October 6

Songs about Adam Levin's ex-girlfriend. Therefore, songs about a girl.

8:35pm
Finally done. So rewind this to about an hour ago and it'll make more sense.
----
Sitting here listening to Songs About Jane. Cause it’s just such an awesome. And there seem to be many lines which speak to me at the moment.

Oh, it’s pouring. Again. It poured as I walked out of school. Got drenched. On the day I didn’t bring a proper umbrella. It never rained that hard when I walked out of school during winter, when I had my umbrella most of the time. Was usually pathetic drizzling though. So it decided to absolutely bucket on me when I walked out. Was ridiculous.

And of course, sunshine when I was on the train. Then started raining again at 3:30; hometime for the little primary school ones.

So I shall stick a song line from every song here. In album order. So this is gonna take a while. I expect this post up in an hour, because going through the album’s probably gonna take about an hour. I have no idea of how long it actually is, cause I have some doubles and different versions of things. The time is currently 7:46pm. I am listening to This Love. Which I have already listened to; doubles, see?

Maybe several songlines from some songs. Cause some need them.
How dare you say that my behaviour’s unacceptable? “So condescending, so unnecessarily critical”.
You drain me dry and make me wonder why I’m even here; the double vision I was seeing has finally cleared. 
When it gets cold outside and I got nobody to love. You’ll understand what I mean when I say there’s no way we gonna give up.
Is there anyone out there? Cause it’s getting harder and harder to breathe.
What you were doing was screwing things up inside my head. You should know better, you never listen to what I said.
- Harder To Breathe

I went to laugh, but cried instead
Making use of all this time, keeping everything inside. Closed my eyes and listened to you cry.
“This is not goodbye,” she said. “It’s just time for me to rest my head.” She does not. Well, she runs instead.
There’s only so much I can do for you, after all the things that you put me through
- Must Get Out

When you refuse me you confuse me
I would do anything to end your suffering. But you would rather walk away.
- Not Coming Home

Everyone has a secret, but can they keep it? I don’t think so.
- Secret

 Alright, so that one spoke to me less. But I couldn't just exclude it could I?

He was always there to help her; she always belonged to someone else
It’s not always rainbows, and butterflies. It’s compromise. It moves us along.
- She Will Be Loved

You build me up, you knock me down. Provoke a smile and make me frown. You are the queen of runaround; you know it’s true. You chew me up, you spit me out. Enjoy the taste I leave in your mouth. You look at me, I look at you. Neither of us know what to do. There may not be another way into your heart, so I guess I better find a new way in. And I shiver when I hear your name, think about you but it’s not the same. Won’t be satisfied ‘til I’m under your skin. Immobilised by the thought of you, paralysed by the sight of you, hypnotised by the words you say; not true but I believe them anyway.
- Shiver

And I cannot remember what life was like through photographs
Sometimes it’s a sad song. But I cannot forget, refuse to regret, somehow I met you and take my breath away, make every day worth all of the pain that I have gone through. And momma I’ve been crying cause things ain’t how they used to be, she said, “the battle’s almost won. And we’re only seven miles from the sun.” Now moving along, down my street, see people I won’t ever meet.
- The Sun

I would gladly hit the road, get up and go if I knew that someday, it would lead me back to you.
- Sunday Morning

Where you are seems to be as far as an eternity
- Sweetest Goodbye

Sometimes I wonder if I disappear would you ever turn your head and look? See if I’m gone. Cause I fear there is nothing left to say to you that you want to hear, that you wanna know. I think I should go; all the things I’ve done are way too shameful. And I’ve done you so wrong, treated you bad, strung you along, oh shame on myself. I don’t know how it got so tangled.
- Tangled

So hard to keep her satisfied; kept playing love like it was just a game
- This Love

Can you see me? Floating above your head as you lay in bed thinking about everything that I did not do, cause saying “I love you” has nothing to do with meaning it. And I don’t trust you. Cause every time you’re here, your intentions are unclear I spend every hour waiting for a phone call that I know will never come.
Now I’m sick of thinking anything at all.
And how long has it been since someone you let in has given what I gave to you?
- Through With You

And while I was playing the outro to The Sun, Restaurant City music started invading it. It was fading away nicely. Then I was greeted by bloo doom. Bloo doom. Boom, bloo doom.

Lovely riff.

And I also wish to quote: sick intro riff to Shiver.

No comments:

Post a Comment