Monday, February 13

Trying to choose DipMus subjects may be the most difficult thing I've done to date

Here are some choices:

- Chamber Music: apparently one needs "special permission" to do it. What does that mean? It means I send emails to anyone and everyone hoping that they will give me special permission.
- Piano Duet: apparently needs auditions. As a pair. I have no partner. Sad face. Maybe next year. Or the year after.
- Piano Teaching: something I can do without having to audition, but it's from 4:15 - 6:15 on a Tuesday. Woo. I can't drive. Someone will have to pick me up.
- Clarinet Ensemble: needs at least 7th grade or 3/4 music, neither of which I have. But I played bass. But I have no qualifications for it. Now what? Emails. Yay.

End list. If all else fails, I'll join the choir. That should be fine. Apparently I need a course advisor. But do I need a music course advisor, or a commerce one?

8:12pm

Chamber music also requires you to audition as an ensemble. Sad face again. And again, maybe next year or the year after.

At the moment, what with all these auditions, it's looking more and more likely to be choir and piano teaching...

No comments:

Post a Comment