Saturday, February 18

Just some things

Maybe many things. I feel particularly talkative today.

I want contacts. I have been obsessing about them lately. I need to refind the "I don't care what anything thinks of me" attitude which occasionally pops into my brain. Need to find some way of making it stay in my brain. Because I don't like wearing contacts. They make my eyes hurt. I just look better in them.

Went dress-shopping for my sister last night with my parents...so many pretty clothings...so many. Staring at clothing online. Speaking of online clothing, that Tommy Hilfiger sweater is still not in stock. Sigh. Sigh.

Sigh.

To people leaving/who have left:

I shall not forget you. I have had friends move to Sydney, Canberra, even staying in Melbourne I only see them once or twice a year. But when we do see each other, it's good, and it's fun, and it's special. No matter where you go, or where I go, there will always be a twin-shaped space in my heart, and a multilingual-hose-shaped space in my heart. Sure, I shall make new friends. Probably even some good ones. New doesn't have to replace old. Old is a world away from former. My oldest friend is...well, still my friend, and a good one. And I've made a bucketload since I met her.

And to those aforementioned friends who I only see once or twice a year, thank you for those one or two times. As I said, they were good, fun, and special.

To people not at the same uni as me,

I shall miss seeing your faces every day. I think I just miss going to school every day. Running into people in corridors. Sitting in classes together. Etc. etc. But we'll be alright. You are amongst the shapes in my heart.

To people at the same uni as me,

I shall miss seeing your faces every day as well.

To, just, everyone, I guess (including me),

"I remember being your age and losing my rat, Cedar. I loved Cedar with every fiber of my being and when she passed, I thought I would never be able to love another pet the way I loved her. 15 years later, I still miss her terribly but I want you to know that I was able to love all the pets that came after Cedar just as much. Love is wonderful in that it can never be wasted or used up. We can never replace the people or animals we have loved, but the love we feel for them can be expanded. I like to think of love as being stretchy. It is easy to feel guilty when you start to love a new pet - like somehow that means you love your old friend less. But when you think of love as being stretchy and able to expand, you can see that there will always be room for everything. You can love as much as you want."

To the general public,

My dreams have gotten weird over the past two days. Steven, Cat, Mahi, my brother, my parents, and I'm pretty sure my sister all invaded them. Possibly Bec as well. I think I shall post this all over Facebook.

I spent a lot of time the other night tagging all my tumblr posts. It has racked up a lot more posts than it used to when I had two blogs. Oh well. Maybe I shall go through all my blogger posts and tag all of those too, just for lols.

Things for this year:

Maintain a 75 average (otherwise uni doesn't pay me sigh)
Maintain a decent level of piano. No, actually, be frickin brilliant at it.
Get up to actual sixth grade clarinet. Or even seventh. Or eighth. Just, be good at clarinet.

And for the further future...

Somehow get onto Carols by Candlelight, seeing as MYO only supplies the strings and not the winds...somehow. Probably involves donation. A really big one. Or becoming a professional clarinettist/pianist...yeah right. Sigh. It actually reeaaaaally peeves me that I can't get in through MYO. Otherwise I might actually try properly for it. I don't think I'll do it. Rather join orchestra. Somehow. Somehow. Somehow.

To my former/current/possible friend (yeah, no idea what you are). Sorry, and stuff. 

To family, 

You're pretty cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment