Tuesday, September 28

product of lethargy, procrastination, and back pains. GYKEN.


So I decided that yes, I was going to stick up my top 25. I was going to edit it into my last post, but then I decided to annotate it, and realised that I was going to have to tag all the artists, as well as "quotes", "songlines" and "music♫", so I decided to give it a blog post of its own.

Now to properly annotate, or to just write up a songline from each?

Can't be bothered explaining it all, cause some of them don't really have any explanation. I just go through some phases where I listen to things over and over again.

1. Song Cry
I can't see 'em comin' down my eyes, so I gotta let this song cry 
I can understand why you want a divorce now, but I can't let you know it, pride won't let me show it, pretend to be heroic 
I'll mourn forever. S***. I gotta live with the fact I did you wrong forever. 
2. Papers
Every time I listen to this, the little synth thing attracts my attention far too much. This song made me think that Raymond V Raymond was going to be absolutely epic. My dreams came crashing down...it's not bad. Just...I miss 8701. Yeah, there's a lot to quote from this one.
I'm sitting 'round town and my friends can't recognise me. Cause I took a chance on love; it's like I'm dying 
I done turn in to the man I never thought I'd be 
I ain't afraid to say I got needs 
I'm tired of sleepin' in that other room spendin' all them long nights tryna figure out what the hell in my heart I ain't do right. For you I gave my heart and turned my back against the world, because you were my girl.
3. Sparks
Very nice. Absolutely no development, but it just floats along. From Coldplay's best album, in my opinion.
Did I drive you away? Cause I know what you'll say. You'll say, "Oh. Sing one you know".
I just realised that this post is going to be veeeeryyy big. And it's the third one today. Oh dear. I think there's a direct correlation between me not wanting to work, and the amount of times I blog.

4. Wonderwall
When this appears, half of me feels like covering my iPod in shame, the other half wants to go "I LOVE THIS SONG. AND THIS ONE. AND THIS ONE. I ACTUALLY KNOW AN OASIS SONG OTHER THAN WONDERWALL. IN YOUR FACE". Yeah, it's so overplayed it's not funny, but it never gets old for me. The songlines hit me every time. Sometimes it's incredibly hopeful and loving, other times it's downright depressing. That's what I love about it.
There are many things that I would like to say to you but I don't know how
5. Can U Help Me?
don't wanna be on the outside lookin' in
6. U Got It Bad
when you feel it in your body you found somebody who makes you change your ways 
7. Everybody Knows
Because it's just so true.
Everybody knows, but nobody really knows, how to make it work, or how to ease the hurt. We've heard it all before, and everybody knows, just how to make it right...everybody knows. But nobody really knows. 
8. She Will Be Loved
Maroon 5's first album is also the best one.
tap on my window, knock on my door I wanna make you feel beautiful
9. Without U
Probably appears on my list because I often play it in conjunction with Can U Help Me? cause the chimes from the end of Without U flows on to the beginning of the other.
I am so alone and I can't stand this feeling of being without you 
10. Breathe
never wanted this, never want to see you hurt. Every little bump in the road I tried to swerve. 
God this is becoming huge.

11. You Belong With Me
These counts came from those few days where I played it on repeat endlessly.  See here.
I know your favourite songs and you tell me bout your dreams
12. Halo
The acoustic version off Hope for Haiti Now. Breaks my heart. Nice piano playing Chris Martin.
hit me like a ray of sun 
13. Doesn't Mean Anything
Bit too heavy on the bass drum, and drums in general, but nice. Go A Keys.
I know I pushed you away. What can I do that will save our love? 
14. Empire State Of Mind
Another song which makes me want to cringe from seeming too mainstream, but hey, sometimes the general public does get it right.
off-white Lexus 
Only at number 14. Long ways to go yet, precious.

15. Talk Tonight
I forget when this happened, but I did play it heaps for a while. Made me feel very English. I remember walking in the rain to GJ's, water pounding off my umbrella, and feeling as though I was walking in England.
I'll never say that I won't ever make you cry, and this I'll say and I don't know why. I know I'm leaving - but I'll be back another day. 
16. U Remind Me
Completely random and I have no idea what to quote from it cause it is a situation which I do not know...
the thing about you that caught my eye is the same thing that makes me change my mind 
17. Hate
This song just makes me laugh
I fly daily like I'm in the air force
18. Don't Look Back In Anger
The most nonsensical yet sensical (...) song of all time (and Chrome just verified that sensical is not a real word). Full of brilliant one-liners which don't make any sense as an entity, but do at the same time. It's one of the songs of his which made me realise that lyrics don't have to make sense; it's the emotions which the words evoke, the atmosphere they set up.
One of my dreams was to be jumping up and down in a crowd of ten thousand belting this up at Noel Gallagher. Doesn't look like it's going to be realised. It's sounds like a soccer song.
slip inside the eye of your mind, don't you know you might find a better place to play?
19. Hey Daddy (Daddy's Home)
7:35pm
Oops, I skipped this by accident. This song is also amusing, and should have been bigger than OMG. One of my brother's friends though it was about Usher's kids...hrrrm. Just cause it goes
you know yo daddy's home, and it's time to play
Again, not a song I can empathise with, but it makes me want to jump up and down.

20. Young Forever
One of the most blatantly optimistic songs of all time, as evidenced by the following line:
may the best of your todays be the worst of your tomorrows; but we ain't even thinkin' that far yet
21. Speechless
Oh good, 21. We're almost there.
could we fix you if you broke? 
22. Goodnight Goodnight
I just want to quote the whole song.
So much to learn, so much to learn, but I won't be there to teach you. I know I can't be close, but I try my best to reach you, I'm so sorry. I did not mean to hurt my little girl. It's beyond me, I cannot carry the weight of the heavy world.  
23. Slide Away
The song which should have been a single, but Noel thought that six might be a bit much for a debut album.
don't know, don't care, all I know is that you can take me there
24. The Scientist
One of two songs which I can play on the piano.
you don't know how lovely you are  
And finally...

25. Run This Town
I keep doing my own thing, walkin' tall against the rain
I just looked up the lyrics, and realised how amazing Jay is at rhyming words which just should not be rhymed with each other. But hey, it works for him, although it does make him slightly incoherent, hence me having to look up lyrics.

The end. I wonder how much space this will take up...

No comments:

Post a Comment