So my question was "What would you do if you won the lottery?", which Alice and I guessed before I even popped the balloon. High five.
What would I do if I won the lottery? I get fifty million dollars. I listed a whole bunch of materialistic things, which I guess justified Viv's "you're so materialistic" comment. Hey, I said that I'd give part of it to charity. Feel the virtual glare.
But then I thought about it some more last night in bed (that's when I think about things), and came to the following list, which I may or may not be partially making up as I sit here:
- Would pay off the mortgage on the house, so that we would actually own the house
- Some sort of charity
- Invest in shares, so that my wealth continues to grow (insert rich man's hearty laughter here)
And this is the bit where it starts getting materialistic. But hey, what else are you going to do with the money if not live comfortably?
- I would also buy a house. Probably somewhere in Mont Albert.
- I want that beach house (mansion, complex, plot of land) which Iron Man has:
- Necklace from Tiffany & Co. with the swirly writing on it
- Those red Bulgari/Bvlgari sunnies which Bono has
- Various other Tiffany & Co. jewellery which I drool at (Wappy, it took me three tries to spell "jewellery" right)
- Expand my music collection
- Home theatre
- A Ferrari
- A Mini Cooper (cause they look cool)
- A car to actually drive
- A trip to Europe with my family
- Go to America
- And Japan
- Steinway. Also get my current piano fixed so the dampers work properly
- Bass clarinet; model yet to be decided
- A laptop
- A library
- Would start collecting Chucks
- And sunglasses
- Front row tickets to all Grand Slam finals so I could get Nadal's autograph
That is all I can think of at the moment. I do have a very extensive list buried in my brain, and it randomly pops up every now and again. But for now, that's all I can think of. And the unmaterialistic things? Well, there aren't many things that I can use money to get.
- Meet Nadal. Would probably be more successful in that venture if I just stake out Crown for two weeks this summer.
- Meet Noel Gallagher
- Meet Chris Martin
- Great boyfriend
See? Even if I win the lottery, I can't buy those dreams. I can only buy the materialistic things. How do you buy real happiness?
And fifty million probably doesn't cover all the things I mentioned. Oh well. One can dream, and hope to someday make it reality.
With more than fifty million. Margaret you stingy woman. And happy belated birthday.
I am now ordering red Aviators. Check.
I also want the Chevy which is Bumblebee from Transformers. I cannot get a picture because my internet is capped. But thought I'd put that out there.
I had something else that money couldn't buy and I have now forgotten. Damn.
It was riding down a road next to a beach in said Chevy, with California Love pumping through the speakers