Saturday, May 15

Ramble 1

There is actually no point to me posting this. As in, there is a point, but there is not obvious point, and therefore I can't think of a title. So whenever one of these crops up and I can't think of what to call it, it shall be a ramble. Welcome to ramble the first.

Point 1: Ishmael and the Return of the Dugongs
A book by Michael Gerard Bauer. One that made me cry when I read the ending, because it captured something really well. With the risk of being corny, I shall attempt to explain it. Or not. Let's just say that it was poignant, and if you feel like it, you should go read it yourself, but not before you've read the first one, because that one's uber cool too. It was just that he managed to capture such pure happiness and hope in words. It was beautiful. Made me cry while I was laughing. I love stories. Is that even one of these points? I love stories. I love movies, books, and, dare I say it? Video games. The only reason I played Final Fantasy was because the plot blew my mind. Because I fell in love with the characters. But books and movies come first. Especially a well written book.

One day I turned around and you were gone
They said that's how it is, life must go on
But every now and then I float away
And find myself adrift in yesterday

And I'm drowning in a memory sea
I'm drowning in a memory sea
I'm drowning in a memory sea
But no one there can rescue me

And then there's this one:
There were times when the walls came down
Times when the bells rang out
Times when the cavalry came through.
There were times when we read the signs
Times when we held the line
And the very best of everything was you. 

Point 2: Crazy dream upon the morning of the 15th of May, 2010 (being today)
Alright, so what happened was somehow a crazy hacker guy got hold of the passwords for my Facebook, hotmail and, wait for it, Neopets accounts. And proceeded to screw everything up. So when I checked Facebook, somehow I knew that I'd been hacked, but stupid dream me didn't think to change the password until crazy hacker man (I'll assume it was a man) had already changed it, so I was locked out. Somehow he had obtained my password by seeing my email upon this very blog (and I wasn't even aware that you could see my email here). What was even weirder was that he somehow managed to change how Facebook looked on my computer too, so that the little login box which says 'Email' read 'Are you scared now?' Needless to say, I was.
Then I discovered that my hotmail and Neopets had both been hacked as well. And then (I only just remembered this), someone was sending their resume to me. I don't know why, but I get the feeling it was something to do with orchestra. And then I started freaking out cause obviously their details had just been sent to some crazy hacker guy. So I told them to delete the email from their sent box immediately, although in hindsight, it would not have done anything at all. But it was a dream, and it made sense at the time (but I think subconsciously I was going "Sarah, that's gonna do jack.") I then enlisted the pro hacking skillz of my brother, who somehow managed to obtain a crazy code so that I could get back into my Neopets account first (as it is  the most important of all obviously). Which I did, and then I changed the password from the one I have been using since about grade five to something along the lines of superuber^under^, except the little ^ things were inverted so they were upside down, like a v. I don't think such a key exists.
Then we managed to gain control over my Facebook account as well, and I have no idea what happened after that. And then, I believe this was a totally unrelated dream, I was in a palace with the Danish royal family. And it was being attacked. This may or may not have anything to do with my watching Star Wars Episode I last night, now I think about it, because it was rather castle like, and it reminds me of the Gungans throwing those crazy purple blobs at their enemies...

Point 3: Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace
Really, really, really incredibly indescribably sad, especially when they talk about all the good things about Anakin, or you see him doing something really nice and innocent, and then you go "NO ANAKIN DON'T TURN TO THE DARK SIDE." The whole series is so tragic.
"Why do I get the feeling you're going to be the death of me?" 
"Don't say that Master. You're the closest thing I have to a father."
But:
"I hate you!"
"You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you." 
I could cry.

No comments:

Post a Comment