Thursday, January 13

Ramble 13

It's strange how personal crises hardly ever make me cry (unless they're school-related, then it's just massive breakdown), but reading through the papers every morning with more news of floods in Queensland makes me instantly tear up. I remember this happening two years ago for Black Saturday, where I would be reading, find and dandy, and then something would just hit me and the tears would come.

It's times like this that I wish I had already made it, that I had heaps of money to spare. As it is, I have zero income at the moment, and any money that's spent is my parents' anyway.

Australian Open starts next Monday, and I am eagerly waiting seeing Nadal on TV again. Hoping that he will lift the cup and freaking beast this thing and hold all four slams, the gold medal and number 1 ranking. Hoping. Again, I wish I had heaps of money so I could go the final. I wish I could see Nadal play live. That's more for the opportunity for an autograph though, now I think about it, cause when it's live there's no commentary, and I'm not sure how the atmosphere would be.

All the same, I wish I could go the final.
You weren't perfect but you made life worth it. Stick around, some real feelings might surface.
I can count on you like four, three, two
This one isn't half bad. Usually Bruno Mars' actual songs are a bit dodgy (e.g. Grenade), but he's a good featuring artist. Same for Rihanna. Her voice usually annoys me to no end, but when she's a featuring artist, somehow it works. I don't know why. Maybe it's just that the bits she features are so much better than the songs she actually records for herself.

But as I was saying, it's not half bad. It's not top, but it's not bad. Thanks Mahita. And Em for the essays. And Alice too. Despite our not having any classes/frees together, let's still walk in the mornings.

No comments:

Post a Comment