Saturday, June 26

Vamos España

Mmm. I shall compose my blog post for tomorrow morning at 8:57pm on the 25/06/10. If you’re wondering why it’s for tomorrow morning (which I guess will be “today” by the time I get there), it’s cause our net’s almost capped. And thus, here I am, typing away in a word document, at loss as to what to save it as. Blog 26 June seemed appropriate, as word wouldn’t let me save it as Blog 26/06. Throughout this post keep in mind that I am typing it now, being what is to be “yesterday”. Alrighty. Here we go.

It’s been a year since Michael Jackson died. No, I don’t keep the date etched in my mind (the only dates etched in my mind are public holidays and certain birthdays). If the news didn’t tell me about a week ago, I never would’ve known. But here we are, and we miss him. It’s sad that I was never into him before his death, but better late than never. Thank you for the music. I can never thank people enough for music. It is my lifeline.

I watched Interstella 5555, which made me incredibly sad, and now every time I listen to Digital Love, Voyager, or Something About Us, I feel like crying. Amazing amazing music. Who would’ve known that a few lines of words, some synth, electric guitar and a drum kit could sound so emotional? And Shep is so cute. As is that blond guitarist whom I have forgotten the name of; Arpegius?

So yeah, currently going around my head is Something About Us.

I might not be the right one. It might not be the right time.

I’ll miss you more than anyone in my life. I love you more than anyone in my life.

Songline of the moment:

Smile though your heart is aching. Smile, even though it’s breaking. When there are clouds in the sky, you’ll get by. If you smile through your pain and sorrow; smile, and maybe tomorrow you’ll find that life is still worthwhile. If you just smile.

I think I have rediscovered piano. As in, it’s starting to come back to me. I had the first solid practice in a while, and it felt good to know that I actually still have it in me, and that I can actually achieve things. In the end, it only added up to about ten bars, but it was solid work, and it was nice to be reminded that I could actually control the beast.

Thanks to Vineeta for the following:
That does not mean that I’m not a pervert.
Whatever that was supposed to mean.

Anyway, much sleepy. Gonna get up at 4:30 tomorrow to watch Spain/Chile. Because I have yet to watch Spain and I felt that some indulging in football therapy was in order. Apologies to any who get offended by my use of the word football. Like that guy who was writing in the mX today to say that football was for the weak, and un-Australian. Please. It makes me angry to even think about it. Whingers? Sigh. I can’t even explain it. I don’t get why these people can’t get it. Then again, they probably don’t understand why I have absolutely no interest in AFL. Yeah, I agree, I don’t like divers. But that’s not what the game is about either. He made it seem as though the game was based around diving and calling for fouls. The rules are there; obviously if someone breaks them, then you’d appeal to the ref, right? Sure, some players go a bit far. But don’t let me start on AFL. A game really isn’t that amusing when there are people deliberately smashing other players’ faces into the ground. And if it’s so weak, then how do footballers get their numerous, often gruesome injuries? Leg broken in three places? That can hardly be called a “tap”, whatever your name was. 

I can get rather agitated when people bag something which I like. Like Nadal. Go Rafa. Wimbledon. Baha.

I’m pretty sure I had other stuff to say, but I have forgotten it all. Shall write a list of tags so that I don’t forget what to tag…

Michael Jackson, music (being the little note thing which word won’t let me type), Daft Punk, Interstella 5555, Shep, piano, Vineeta, Spain, Chile, World Cup, football, Nadal, Wimbledon, agitated

Adios amigos.

PS: 6:51am 26/06
So Spain won. YAY. Nadal survived a five-setter scare to keep forging on in Wimbledon. Fabregas needs to shave. Torres looks pretty cool. 
Vamos.

And I was going to put the Youtube clip of the Interstella version of Something About Us on here, but I can't bear it. It's too sad. Yes they're blue-skinned aliens, but he is one cute blue-skinned alien. 


No comments:

Post a Comment