Tuesday, September 6

A quiet rage about the media before I whoosh off to school

Or more specifically, Herald Sun. Or even more specifically, their little black box underneath the Sam Stosur article which said "watch Rafa's fall from grace."

Fall from grace? Really? One of two things: either stupidity and ignorance, leading to them not knowing what the phrase means, or, more likely, disgusting use of hyperbole.

Wikipedia says: "To fall from grace is an idiom referring to a loss of status, respect, or prestige." He had a cramp, as you do when you've been running around playing tennis for a few hours every two days.

I don't even know where I'm going with this. I had angry words planned out in my head before...they seem to have disappeared.

Long story short, they portrayed my idol rather negatively, and that annoys me. A lot. I can see why people get annoyed at journalists. When Noel had his press conference about his new album, he started with "let the battle commence," in his amusing accent.

This is sort of ironic because I'm applying for a reporting program thing in my local area, or at least I'm hoping to. I don't hate all media. It's just that this small section annoyed me a little. Yes, I know it's their job, that they are trying to pull readers. I just don't particularly like the way they said it.

Now, off to school, and back to my quiet, un-opinionated existence.

7:23pm

No comments:

Post a Comment