Saturday, December 3

Going On

Something I wrote in year nine for our poetry unit, and in my current mood, there are parts of it which still remain relevant. Cleaning my room is a very nostalgic venture. The rhyming thing is a little annoying, but that was the structure of the poem.

I look back, no longer do I belong,
And here I stand. Where I want to be.
I long for the past, but I'm going on

Clear droplets falling, and I'll be gone.
Standing there in silence, they're watching me.
I look back, no longer do I belong.

Moving from these walls. They are all I've known
For two warm years, where I was happy.
I long for the past but I'm going on.

We warmly embraced, such a mournful song.
Lost in a deep pool of cold misery.
I look back, no longer do I belong.

Recall her face, when I said I'd be gone.
Tears streaming. Hit hard, and swore at me.
I long for the past, but I'm going on.

Deep she hid her sorrow, and she had conned
All those around, sadness they did not see.
I look back, no longer do I belong.

A year from then, now singing this song.
It will be better, they're still here with me.
I look back. No longer do I belong.
I long for the past, but now I've gone on.

No comments:

Post a Comment