Thursday, December 17

To Europe

Today was International Talk With A Fake British Accent Day 2009. It was rather interesting, as I slipped between many different accents throughout the day, mostly attempting to impersonate a Scotsman (not a Scotswoman, because a manly accent seemed more British-like), Harry Potter and Noel Gallagher. It was rather amusing, although I never did manage to find the courage to actually talk to the people behind the counter at McDonald's with my Scottish accent. Which reminds me of the time that my dad ordered wedges for dessert, and the waiter was quite surprised and I, with my deep, private school old boy English accent on, explained to her "we're English", which I found rather amusing, my brother found amusing and slightly embarrassing, and the waiter found thoroughly confusing, seeing as I don't think she heard me properly. I don't know why I am obsessed with the British. Probably too much Daniel Craig, Harry Potter and Oasis.

No comments:

Post a Comment